Monday, January 16, 2012

Foodie Friends

Yesterday I embarked on a culinary adventure through East London curtesy of Scratch Meals and WalkEatTalkEat.


Charli of WalkEatTalkEat  led us around Shoreditch teaching us the history of the borough all the while enlightening us on the yummiest of foodie pitstops.  Of course due to the tube, my party of four were running a tad late, so we missed the first stop.  But when we did meet with the group, Charlie presented us with amazing beef and english mustard bagels.  It was certainly not something I would order myself, but it was incredible.  I will get one next time I'm passing.


We wandered around looking at the street art, the market stalls and we even sampled a few of the local brews from Redchurch Brewery.  I stuck to the Shoreditch Blonde, but did try their Pale Ale as well.  Very tasty!


Another highlight would have been my first taste of a battered sausage.  We were led to Poppies of Spitalfields for a sausage and chip experience like I've never had.  I didn't know that battered sausage even existed.  It was delicious.  It was pure evil.


To end the night off nicely we went to the Adnams boutique to try a few of their brews and wines.  Glasses were smashed, drinks were had, it was a great end to the day.  Mr. Digital and I left with a few bottles of red from my beloved Bay Area and smiles from ear to ear.


A massive thank you to Scratch Meals who gifted us the lovely day with WalkEatTalkEat.  Scratch Meals is the way forward for cooking fresh meals for one person.  It is nearly impossible to cook for one with out spending a fortune, wasting a lot of perfectly good food or eating the same meal for dinner and then lunch consecutively.  Scratch brings you fresh ingredients with no hidden calories or chemicals in way of inspiring dishes.  Their chicken and chorizo jambalaya has to be my favourite.  Oh and did I mention that you get all of this in just 15 minutes?  That's right, no fuss, no prep, just in the pan and on to your plate.  Pure brilliance. dd

No comments:

Post a Comment